02 May Beginners guide: Lean design vs UX design
2 types of design, 2 different approaches to their creation. But with all the obvious differences, Lean and UX design has a connecting link – user. And the sooner you understand their needs, the more effective is the interaction with your application.
Often users do not care what the product will be created, and whether he will be able to improve their lives. For them it is more important specific feature set that can ensure the stable operation of the application.
Next, we consider sequence of actions UX and Lean design while working on the application.
How is the development of UX design?
1. Analysis of the needs of the target audience and the key features of the project. Users need an application that converts a list of recipes in goods.
2. Work on the prototype. The arrangement of applications products and recipes in one program.
3. Creation of design – a synthesis of the existing prototype and visualization.
4. Post release - find sponsorship and to further promote the project. This step is often gets overlooked. And it was after the post release, the application can become “unsustainable”, either because of lack of finance for further testing, and due to the fact that developers are not in contact with the users.
How does Lean design development?
1. The exchange of ideas and monitoring. People choose products in certain categories (dairy, meat), and then proceed to the cooking of what is available. After drawing attention to components, you can change the view of the usual trip to the store.
2. Test the application and obtaining feedback. After testing, ask a group of users or directly to the target audience to test the product and provide feedback.
3. Analyzing feedback and re-tested. On the basis of feedback received, modify all the disadvantages, for example, pay attention not only on the selection of products, but also on the recipes that users prefer. The faster you analyze the feedback, the more successful the product will re-test.
The founder of the project “UX Storytellers” Yan Dzhursa said:
“Universal design principles have long existed and will exist for a long time. If you feel that your application will cost big without them – think again! “. “Things like harmony, hierarchy and usability – it’s an investment in the experience of interaction of each product.”
Be aware of the importance of Lean, but do not forget about the UX
Minimalistic UX is becoming increasingly popular in the design environment, as many firms and companies are trying to find a balance between the two types of design.
To understand how such an approach is necessary to designate the use of UX as the key task at each stage of the work on the design, despite the fact that the main objective – as a working product as soon as possible. If you focus all attention on the UX, even at the final stage of completion will make much easier.
Also, do not forget about the feedback from your target audience and testers. In this case, do not try to “please everyone” and fundamentally change the app if you see it differently. But it is worth remembering that to test your new product should not only users, as well as sponsors and managers who are interested as anyone else in the successful launch of the project.
Present site audience only when a structure may be amended, without destroying its integrity. It is important to remember, that a web resource is to be modifies: that is, it is easy to change as a visual image, and content filling, taking into account user requirements and the emergence of new trends.
The material has been prepared on the basis of article site https://medium.com